STEM Mentorship Opportunity
How the SHPE MentorNet Community Works.
• Join. Complete your profile at SHPE MentorNet Community
• Connect. You select your mentor from MentorNet’s recommendations. Mentoring is one-on-one – mentees send only one invitation at a time and are matched with only one mentor. Pairs choose how to communicate – email, video, phone, text – whatever works for them.
• Learn. Pairs receive weekly discussion topics designed to support your success in completing a STEM degree. Our topics help to start conversations that lead to meaningful interactions.
• Share. Your perspective is important to your mentor! Mentor-mentee pairs communicate for about 20 minutes per week during the four-month mentorship, but their relationships often last a lifetime.
• Succeed. Mentorships make a difference! 92% of MentorNet mentees graduate with a STEM degree.
See How MentorNet Works in three minutes:
MentorNet is an open social network for mentoring that connects STEM students from freshman year through Ph.D. with mentors working in STEM fields. Mentees must attend an accredited U.S. college or university.